Skip to Content

Frequently asked questions

Fire Safety

Owners in need of financial assistance for carrying out the specified works may apply for subsidy or loan under the Integrated Building Rehabilitation Assistance Scheme. Please call 3188 1188 to know more about the Scheme.

The improved fire safety works will provide better protection to occupants in case of fire. We understand that it may be difficult for old buildings to comply with all the current standards; therefore the owners are expected to carry out only basic or essential improvement works.

For straightforward issues usually encountered in domestic parts of buildings or involving individual owners, the owner may contact the responsible BD or FSD officers to discuss possible alternatives to suit site conditions. For more sophisticated issues usually encountered in non-domestic or common parts, after discussion with the subject case officers or as per the requirement stated in the Direction, he may need to appoint a consultant or an authorized person to propose alternative solutions.

Download Adobe® Acrobat® Reader to read the publications in PDF format.
Download Adobe Acrobat Reader