Skip to Content

Minor works

Minor Works Control System aims to facilitate building owners and occupants in carrying out small-scale building works safely and lawfully through simplified requirements.

Minor works are classified into three classes according to their nature, scale and complexity and the risk to safety they posed.

Introducing Minor Works

People involved

Prescribed Professionals & Contractors

Prescribed Professionals & Contractors

Learn more
Building Owners & Owners' Corporations

Building Owners & Owners' Corporations

Learn more

Who can carry out minor works?

Prescribed Building Professional (PBP) or Prescribed Registered Contractor (PRC) are qualified to carry out the minor works.

See details
Codes and references

Further enquiry

Further enquiry
Hotline 2626 1616 (handled by "1823")

Minor works submission

For Private Premises

G/F, Buildings Department Headquarters, North Tower, West Kowloon Government Offices, 11 Hoi Ting Road, Yau Ma Tei, Kowloon

For Home Ownership Scheme Courts, Tenant Purchase Scheme Estates and Public Rental Housing Estates

The Independent Checking Unit of the Office of the Permanent Secretary for Housing
8/F, Lung Cheung Office Block, 138 Lung Cheung Road, Wong Tai Sin, Kowloon

Background information