Common household renovation works (other than minor works), such as painting, internal plastering or wall-paper works, repair or replacement of internal branch pipe (other than embedded pipe) or sanitary fitment works, are exempted works under the BO.
In addition, 15 Designated Exempted Works are introduced under the Minor Works Control System (MWCS). They can be carried out without prior approval and consent from the Buildings Department nor following the simplified requirements of MWCS.
View By Category
Works related to domestic units / external wall
- Removal of supporting structure on ground or on a slab for air-conditioning units/ water cooling towers/ solar water heating systems/ photovoltaic systems
- Erection, alteration or removal of drying racks
- Erection, alteration or removal of canopies
- Laying, repair or removal of external rendering/External wall tiles
Works related to roof / external area
- Removal of solid fence walls
- Removal of external mesh fence
- Erection, alteration, repair or removal of metal gates
- Replacement of glass reinforced polyester water tanks
- Removal of glass reinforced polyester water tanks
- Excavation works
- Erection, alteration or removal of metal supporting frame for an air-conditioning unit or any associated duct