Common household renovation works (other than minor works), such as painting, internal plastering or wall-paper works, repair or replacement of internal branch pipe (other than embedded pipe) or sanitary fitment works, are exempted works under the BO.
In addition, 30 Designated Exempted Works are introduced under the Minor Works Control System (MWCS). They can be carried out without prior approval and consent from the Buildings Department nor following the simplified requirements of MWCS.
View By Category
Works related to domestic units / external wall
Works related to roof / external area
- Solid fence walls
- Mesh fences or metal railings
- External metal ventilation ducts or associated supporting frames
- Supporting structures, metal casings for building service installation, ventilation ducts or associated supporting frames (removal only)
- Metal gates
- Glass reinforced polyester water tanks
- Excavation works
- Outdoor planters, ponds or fountains
- Surface drainage channels