The Buildings Department (BD) will issue Statutory Orders to the owners concerned requiring removal of the following actionable items and register the orders in the Land Registry against the relevant property titles.
- Items constituting obvious hazard or imminent danger to life or property
- New UBWs items irrespective of the date of completion of the building where such items have been carried out (excluding statutorily exempted building works under the Buildings Ordinance (Cap 123))
- Items on the exterior of buildings, including:
- Items in the interior of buildings, constituting obvious hazard or imminent danger to life or property (e.g. building works associated with subdivided units with obstruction to means of escape, serious water seepage causing deterioration of structural members or overloading problem)
- Items in or on buildings, constituting a serious health or environmental nuisance (e.g. misconnection of drainage systems)
- Major standalone items
- A specific type of UBWs, or items identified in buildings or groups of buildings, targeted for large-scale operations
- Unauthorised alterations to or works in green and amenity features of a building (e.g. balconies, sky gardens and podium gardens) for which exemption from calculation of gross floor area has been granted by the Building Authority
Other Items of UBWs
For other items of UBWs which do not fall within the above list of actionable items for issuing statutory removal orders, the BD may issue statutory warning notices registrable against the property title.