When using computer programs to produce structural and geotechnical designs of new building developments for submission to the Building Authority, all program users should ensure the compatibility of their computer programs to the recent publications of codes of practice, e.g. the Code of Practice for Structural Use of Concrete 2013 and the Code of Practice for the Structural Use of Steel 2011.
Date: 28 February 2013
The computer programs in the list are pre-accepted under Practice Note for Authorized Persons, Registered Structural Engineers and Registered Geotechnical Engineers ADM-6. Each accepted computer program will be given a unique BD reference number and a validity period of maximum 3 years. These programs are for the use by Authorized Persons , Registered Structural Engineers or Registered Geotechnical Engineers to produce calculations in support of their design submissions to the Building Authority under the Buildings Ordinance. All program users must ensure that they have obtained permission and/or license agreement from the program developers and/or distributors for use of the programs. They shall accept and understand that no warranty and liability is expressed or implied by the Building Authority on the accuracy and reliability of these programs. Should the programs prove defective, the Building Authority shall bear no responsibility for all resulting damages or losses.
When using the program to support calculations and designs submitted to the Building Authority, the user should thoroughly read the respective manuals and assure the following aspects: -
- the programs are applicable to individual case;
- all the program limitations are taken into account in the analysis;
- the assumptions are valid;
- the mathematical modeling is correct;
- the calculations are accurate;
- the theory of analysis and mathematical basis of the computational algorithm are correct; and
- the results comply with the appropriate requirements of the Buildings Ordinance, Building Regulations and codes of practices.
Relevant information are referred from ADM-6 which can be downloaded from the BD website.
Should there be any queries, please contact Technical Services Unit of Buildings Department at telephone number 3842 3511 / 3842 3475.
- Pre-accepted Structural Program
- Pre-accepted Geotechnical Program
- Pre-accepted Miscellaneous Program