In-house Social Services Teams
With the ever-increasing expectation of the community and the implementation of various large-scale operations to enforce building safety, health and environmental standards, Buildings Department has established in-house social services teams :
- to take care of the financial, psychological and social needs of complainants and owners/occupants affected by the Department's enforcement actions; and
- to enhance mutual understanding and streamline the communication between occupants and Buildings Department.
The Social Services Teams mainly provide the following services :
- to handle and follow up cases involving social issues by liaising with and referring to other departments such as Social Welfare Department, Housing Department and Education Bureau.
- to accompany Buildings Department staff to conduct site visits for difficult cases that require special negotiation or counselling services.
- to outreach, on a need basis, to owners/occupants encountering financial, psychological and social difficulties.
- to participate in Buildings Department’s meetings with owners’ organizations and other government departments for the purpose of addressing social issues arising from Buildings Department’s operations.
- to provide consultation and training to Buildings Department staff on handling cases involving emotional owners/occupants.
Social Services Teams
- Yang Memorial Methodist Social Service
- Christian Family Service Centre
- The Neighbourhood Advice-Action Council
- Hong Kong Lutheran Social Service