- Mobile Application for MBIS/MWIS - Quick Guide for MBIS/MWIS
- Mobile Application for MWCS - Quick Guide for Minor Works
Mobile Application for MBIS/MWIS - Quick Guide for MBIS/MWIS
The Buildings Department(BD) commenced full implementation of the Mandatory Building Inspection Scheme(MBIS) and Mandatory Window Inspection Scheme(MWIS) on 30 June 2012 in accordance with the provisions of the Buildings Ordinance. This mobile application can assist users to carry out inspection and repair works under both schemes easily and effectively.
The various features include:-
- "MBIS" and "MWIS" - the requirements and procedures are briefly described. The relevant statutory forms can also be viewed.
- "For owners" – there is useful information such as financial support and technical assistance, lists of Registered Inspectors / Qualified Person's / Registered Contractor.
- "For RI/QP"- more technical details such as the relevant Ordinance, codes and guidelines are provided.
- "My Notice" - can retrieve and record relevant statutory notices.
- "Window Inspection" – this template allows easy marking of window defects on photos taken during inspection and recording of such inspection reports.
New Feature – Using premise address to search for MBIS/MWIS notice
The mobile application has introduced a new feature that enables users to search for MBIS/MWIS notice with ease in three simple steps:
- Step 1: Search and download the Quick Guide for MBIS/MWIS from the App Store / Google Play
- Step 2: Tap "My Notice" at the bottom of the home screen after installation
- Step 3: Follow the on-screen instructions and you can search for MBIS/MWIS notice using notice number or premise address